It has been a long, long, long time since I posted. Apparently I got hacked! It is not a good idea to leave your blog unattended for more than a year! Lesson learned!
I got a new preschool teaching job at a small Jewish school and that has been keeping me pretty busy, but now that I am settled in my job I feel I have more time to devote to blogging.
So let’s get to it! I was thinking about what kinds of blog posts I enjoy reading and I enjoy when authors write what their favorite things are and my last two favorite things posts got a lot of unique visitors so I am going to try and start doing these lists at least once a month, if not more.
My favorite things at this moment (in no particular order) are:
- Jojo is BACK! This is not a drill people! Jojo Levasque, an extremely talented singer who had the breakout hit, “Get Out, Leave” when she was just 13 years old dropped off the mainstream music scene in 2007 (due to a bad contract with her record label) and we have not heard anything officially from her since she released a couple of singles in 2011. Jojo made a few mix-tapes which were edgier than her first two albums but nothing official past 2011. In 2015 Jojo released a set of three singles or a “tringle” through Universal Records and all three songs are soulful and wonderful. Jojo also released three videos and she looks beautiful in all of them! I’ve watched a couple of interviews Jojo has done and she is down to earth, intelligent and so real! I can’t wait for your album to come out Jojo! We missed you! (Doesn’t she look fierce?)
2. Hobby Lobby: How is it that I have not discovered Hobby Lobby until now?! It is amazing! My co-worker told me about Hobby Lobby when I asked her where she got all of the cute things in her classroom. There is a Hobby Lobby in a town close to where I live but I took the title of the store literally and thought they just had things for people’s hobbies-like magic tricks and such. I walked in about two weeks ago when I was running errands and OH MYLANTA! It is a miracle I walked out without having bought anything. There were SO, SO, SO many cute decor items and pieces of jewelry, and all of it was reasonably priced. I also loved that so many pieces displayed scripture.
3) Lady Gaga’s heart-shaped engagement ring:
How did I not know that heart-shaped engagement rings were even a thing?! I saw that Lady Gaga had gotten engaged and honestly all I cared about was that ring! It’s a heart (my favorite shape) and in my opinion it is GORGEOUS! I love that it is so feminine and beautiful. When I get engaged I want a heart-shaped engagement ring just like Lady Gaga’s (maybe slightly less expensive though, hehehe).
4) Fuller House:
Full House was my ABSOLUTE favorite show when I was a child. I actually threw a temper tantrum because I missed an episode when I was 5 years old. Looking back at it I realize how utterly ridiculous I was but I had a deep love for that show. The show had the Olsen Twins who could solve any crime by dinner time, and the super cool DJ, and Aunt Becky. I loved the entire cast and I loved the show so much. I have been waiting for years for the cast to do a reunion of some sort. Whether that reunion was a TV movie or a series, I did not care I just wanted to see the Tanner gang back together again on TV.
I watched Fuller House in two days. I loved it so much. The first episode made me cry, it was so nostalgic. The critics apparently did not understand my point of view because many of them hated Fuller House, but then again the critics hated Full House too. The criticism did not hinder the show though, it got renewed for a second season! WOO HOO!
I thought the new cast members were perfect in their roles and I especially loved the new character Max. I also loved seeing how DJ, Kimmy, and Stephanie were doing and what directions each of their lives had taken in the last 20 years.
5) Paula Abdul’s Music:
I’m in a MAJOR Paula Abdul phase at the moment. I always tell people musically I was born in the wrong year because songs that were not popular in my time are many of the songs I currently love. I think Paula Abdul has a pleasant voice, great style, and awesome dance moves.
I am very into the songs “Rush Rush”, “Straight Up” (because obviously), and “I’m Missing You.” I love belting them out in the car or anywhere even though I really am not a singer.
6) Drew Barrymore’s Flower Eye Wear Line
Drew Barrymore is one of my favorite actresses. She is also a big-time BOSS lady! You go Drew! She semi-recently launched an eye wear line and even though I have not bought any glasses yet I am looking forward to it. I am excited to go to Wal-Mart to go and buy a new pair of glasses from Drew’s line. From what I’ve seen online the glasses are very cute, stylish, and affordable.
7) Almost All Things Betsey Johnson:
Oh My Goodness. I love me some Betsey Johnson! She is my style sister in a major way. I love bows, glitter, and pink! Betsey Johnson’s designs have all of this and more! LOVE, LOVE, AND LOVE.
I like to browse on her website and look at all of the cute things that are on her website. Some of her stuff is a little loud for my taste but for the most part I really like all of it.
8) My New Notebooks from The Dollar Tree:
As you all know I love The Dollar Tree. I get so much joy out of shopping at The Dollar Tree I can’t even fully explain it. I bought all three of the above notebooks and just love them so much! I also bought fuzzy socks, supplies for my classroom, and pretty soft floral hangers.
Back to the notebooks-I love both patterns and even though The Dollar Tree changes their stock frequently notebooks are a solid staple. I love to have a notebook with me at all times to jot down my goals, to do lists, and ideas that come into my head.
9) Cupcakes for Breakfast Apartment Tour:
Cupcakes for Breakfast is a delightful recipe (among other things) blog and is run by Nikki Rapport. A couple of years ago another blog, The Everygirl, did a tour of Nikki’s studio apartment and OH MY GOSH it is amazing. It inspires me to get my space to look as beautiful as hers!
10) This Quote:
I recently discovered that stability and feeling like I have a strong foundation within myself is really important to me at this stage of my life. I recently turned 27 years old and as I’m going into my later 20’s (AHHHH!) I realize that if I have a strong foundation inside of me life is just a lot more enjoyable and I am a lot more steady in my own life.The same applies if I make rational decisions and not emotional decisions.
That is all for today my Pound the Pavement readers! Enjoy your weekend!